Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark
About Reshape Biotech
Reshape Biotech is building the next generation of lab automation robots. Our customers are biotech companies tackling the world’s biggest problems - be it alternative protein development or sustainable agriculture. Reshape Biotech is the scaling factor for these companies, we let researchers collaborate globally on experiments and increase their throughput >500x.
The team is highly multi-disciplinary, we employ everything from PhD’s in biology to hardware engineers and software engineers. We work closely together, and you will be exposed to a truly vertical team.
We’re a fast growing startup with an incredibly ambitious team, dead-set on reinventing a 100 year old industry and becoming the very standard that the world of biotech relies on. We’re backed by top tier investors from Y Combinator, CEOs from the industry and some of the biggest names you can find. At Reshape Biotech, you have the potential to influence how biotech research is done in the next 100 years.
About the position
Reshape Biotech is looking for a Software Engineer with fullstack developer skills to join our fast growing team.
As our new developer, you’ll join our small, but mighty, team. You’ll be building the software that powers our lab automation robots, and the cloud platform that serves results and manages data for our customers.
We work mainly with Python, SQL and AWS on the backend, and Svelte on the frontend, so experience in these technologies or similar ones is desired.
The role will entail:
- Working across the stack on various product lines: hardware integrations, cloud infrastructure and frontend.
- Working with hardware teams to build seamless user experiences across our products.
- Working with data to understand and guide user behaviour.
- Making and implementing design decisions throughout the user experience.
- Guiding technical decision-making regarding cloud infrastructure and software best-practices.
An ideal candidate might:
- Have 3+ years of experience as a Senior Software Developer
- Have experience as a software engineer working close together with hardware.
- Have experience from one or several other startups.
- Have experience developing complex back-end applications in Python (FastAPI, Django, etc.)
- Have extensive experience designing and implementing cloud software solutions.
- Enjoy hacking across the stack, and on multiple products.
- Have some DevOps experience.
- Be a team player, and enjoy the iterative culture of a startup.
We don’t expect you to meet all of the above points, but hopefully you’re excited to learn.
What we offer
- A really exciting workplace in one of Denmark’s fastest growing startups.
- Competitive compensation.
- Incredibly flexible working hours (but also expect flexibility in return).
- Company sponsored lunch/sodas/coffee/snacks in the office.
- An incredibly fun workplace (we promise).